Request a Viewbook
Take a Campus Tour
Subscribe to E-Newsletter
• TC will be assessed by the admissions officer at the time of admission to Capilano U if the courses are on the BC Transfer Guide. We will confirm your TC by sending you an email to your
Cap Webmail account.
• If your courses are not listed as transferable in the
BC Transfer Guide, you will be required to provide a detailed course outline for each course along with a completed
TC request form.
• If you have completed coursework that has not been assigned TC at the time of admission, please submit a detailed course outline along with a completed TC request form for each course you would like to have evaluated.
• To submit your TC request form and course outline(s), you can bring them in hard copy to the Registrar's Office (BR230), or email the request form and course outline(s) (PDF only) from your Capilano U Student email account to email@example.com.
outlines might be called a syllabus, or itinerary at some institutions. They are
not the same as a course description that can be found in an academic calendar,
since course descriptions do not include enough information. A course outline is
often handed out on the first day of class and must include the following:
You can submit a copy of the course outline you were given in class, but if you
need to obtain an outline, you should contact the Registrar's Office at your
Course outlines must be from the year and term that you took the course.
All course outlines must be in English. If the original course outline in not in English, please submit a course outline translated by a certified translator.
Capilano U has a
residency requirement of 50% for certificates and diplomas; 25% for degrees.
That means a student can use a maximum of 30 transfer credits towards a 60
credit credential; 90 credits for a 120 credit credential.
* Some diplomas and degrees require more than 60 or 120 credits
** Degree programs may have specific requirements regarding use of transfer credit in their programs.
Please book an appointment to see an Advisor for program planning.
Applicants who have passed an Advanced Placement Examination,
administered by the College Entrance Examination board, with a minimum of 4
will receive credit as noted in the BC Transfer Guide.
Official transcripts sent directly from the College Board are required in order
for transfer credit to be awarded for Advanced Placement courses.
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7J 3H5 Tel: 604.986.1911
Sunshine Coast | 5627 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt, British Columbia Canada V0N 3A0 Tel: 604.885.9310
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.