Capilano University offers professional development opportunities, a flexible and collegial work community and excellent benefits.
- We have a 35-hour work week, flexible hours for many employees, paid family and parental leaves.
- Full-time support staff start with three weeks' vacation, increasing to six weeks and full-time faculty receive two months' vacation.
- CapU holds employee health & wellness events and initiatives.
- Our North Vancouver campus hosts a first-class Children's Centre facility on campus. Our Early Childhood Care and Education certificate, diploma and degree programs have a direct link to the facility. Our Children's Centre facility has 70 spaces, is available to employees and is located in the heart of the campus. Our Continuing Studies & Executive Education department also offers a wide variety of Kids Camps throughout the summer.
As an employee of the University, here are just a few of the benefits you may be entitled to:
- Comprehensive and flexible benefits plans that include coverage for medical, dental, extended health and group life insurance for you and your family
- Eligible employees join either the Municipal Pension Plan (staff) or College Pension Plan (administrators, faculty and exempt employees)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Sick leave, short-term illness and long-term disability plans
- Travel insurance through TravelAssist program
- Development opportunities:
- Career development
- Computer skills
- Conferences and workshops
- Faculty professional and instructional development
- Fee waivers
- International opportunities
- Paid educational leave
- Discount tickets to theatre performances at the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts
- Affordable long-term parking
- Free access to the Centre for Sport and Wellness
- Wellness Committee and other events