CapU Mobile Safety App
The CapUSafe app is free and recommended for CapU students, employees and campus visitors.
The CapUSafe app is a free mobile toolkit and emergency notification centre. This app will enhance campus safety by quickly connecting subscribers to available safety services and by allowing the University to send emergency notifications and alerts.
The University is always looking for ways to make sure every student, employee or visitor feels safe on campus, and this mobile technology is a very useful tool to ensure everyone receives immediate communication and support in the case of Emergency.
The CapUSafe app allows subscribers to:
- receive campus status, alerts, communications;
- phone Campus Security and/or 911 with the touch of a button;
- email Campus Security their location;
- contact Security for a Safe Walk to a campus location, vehicle or public transport;
- report suspicious behavior;
- send a photo directly to Campus Security;
- access working alone procedures;
- access guidelines for after-hours access; and
- find contact info for counselling, conflict resolution, etc.
Reference emergency preparedness procedures for a:
- bear sighting;
- chemical spill;
- bomb threat; or
- campus lockdown.
Interactive, built-in features and a user-friendly design make it easy for all students, staff and campus guests to access safety resources at the touch of a button.
In the event there is an emergency or a campus closure (e.g., snow days, power outage), the University will use the app to update the campus community via push notifications.
Submitted by: Campus Security