Application Information

    • More information to help you with your application

      Below we have compiled some information to help you with the application process. Click through the links to access the information you need.

    • Where should I mail my documents to?

      Documents such as: high school transcripts, post-secondary transcripts, English Language Requirement Test Scores (IELTS, ELA, TOEFL, CAEL, PTE etc...) should be mailed to the following address:

      Capilano University
      Registrar's Office, BR 230
      2055 Purcell Way
      North Vancouver, BC         V7J 3H5

      Official Documents in the original sealed envelope can be submitted in person to the Registrar's Office, located on the second floor of the Birch Building, Office BR 230.

      Do I meet the requirements for admission?

      Visit our Admission/Readmission Requirements webpage for general information on admission requirements such as those listed below:

      • Arts and Sciences Programs for BC Students, for Students from Other Provinces, and for Students from Other Countries
      • International Baccalaureate
      • Advanced Placement
      • English Language Requirements
      • Adult Basic Education Programs
      • Career/Limited Enrolment Programs
      • Concurrent Admission
      • Mature Student and Discretionary Admission Status
      For specific program requirements, please visit the appropriate program page

      What kind of documents should I submit?

      Official Documents

      Students are required to submit official high school and university/college transcripts for the purposes of admission. These academic documents must be transmitted directly from the issuing institution and must be official, bearing the seal of institution and the signature of the authorizing high school or university representative. Photocopies of transcripts are also acceptable if certified by the authorizing high school or university officer. Notarized copies are not acceptable.


      Original Academic Documents

      An academic document will be considered original if it has been issued directly to the student by the issuing institution in accordance with that institution's policies and practices. Notarized copies are not acceptable.


      Certified Documents

      Applicants may also submit photocopies of academic documents that have been endorsed/attested (verified for authenticity) by the issuing authority (i.e. the Ministry of Education, the high school or university/college, the apostille* or by the appropriate examinations board). Notarized copies are not acceptable.

      *Apostille countries refers to an international form of a notary seal as certified by the Hague convention. These would be official notary documents from countries such as Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc. and can be accepted in place of original or school certified documents. The Apostille is prepared either by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Justice in these countries.

      Please note: Documents issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations. Only translations made by a certified translator or a court appointed translator will be considered acceptable for admission.

      When do I need to apply by?

      Arts and Sciences and Business Administration Programs

      Applications with all required documentation and the non-refundable application fee must be submitted by the following deadlines in order to be complete:

      TermApplication DeadlineDocument Deadline
      Fall (September - December)March 31May 31
      Spring (January - April)September 15October 15
      Summer (May - August)January 31February 15

      Applications that are submitted or finalized (documents submitted) after the Application and Document Deadline will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration.

      Career/Limited Enrolment Programs

      For application deadlines, please refer to the specific program information in the University Calendar or contact the program directly.

      Can I apply for transfer credit?

      Please visit the Admissions' Transfer Credit webpage for information on the transfer credit for which you may be eligible.

      I am a returning student. Do I need to reapply?

      Returning Capilano University students who do not attend classes for a Fall (September to December) or Spring (January to April) term must apply for readmission. Students who wish to change programs must also apply for readmission.

      How can I submit my application?

      There are two ways to apply: online or in-person/by mail.

      Apply Online

      1. Complete the online application.

      2. Submit the non-refundable application fee. You must pay this fee online when you submit the application:

      • $50.00: New domestic applicants and all applicants applying for readmission
      • $135.00: New international applicants

      3. Submit supporting documents. Official high school and post-secondary transcripts are required if not previously submitted. Supporting documentation may be delivered in person or mailed to the Capilano University Registrar's Office.

      Apply In Person or by Mail

      1. Print and complete an Application for Admission/Readmission (PDF).

      2. Include the non-refundable application fee. Follow the instructions on the application form for submitting the following payment by mail or in person:

      • $50.00: New domestic applicants and all applicants applying for readmission
      • $135.00: New international applicants

      3. Include supporting documents or arrange to have these mailed separately to Capilano University. Official high school and post-secondary transcripts are required if not previously submitted.

      4. Deliver or mail your completed application, payment and supporting documents to the Capilano University Registrar's Office.

      Who do I contact for more information or if I have questions?

      For questions on admissions, please contact the Registrar's Office at 604.984.4900 or email For other contact information, please visit Registrar's Office.