Students starting in their baccalaureate degree on or after Fall 2018 and graduating on or after June 2022 must meet Cap Core graduation requirements in addition to their program requirements.
Students planning to concentrate in accounting should take either BFIN 141 and 142, or BFIN 193 in First Year.
Students cannot receive credit for BFIN 141 or BFIN 142 and also get credit for BFIN 193 towards this credential. Students are restricted to credit for only one of BFIN 244 or BFIN 341 towards this credential (BFIN 341 is required for the Accounting concentration).
In addition to the University Residency Requirement, students transferring more than 60 credits from another institution must complete the following courses at Capilano University: BADM 460 and 470, 6 credits of 400-level core business electives and 18 credits of 300 and/or 400-level business electives. A minimum of 45 credits at the 300 or 400-level are required. Breadth Electives are 100-level or higher undergraduate courses (minimum 3 credits each) from disciplines other than business from the approved list.
Students may obtain a concentration by completing 15.00 upper-level credits in one of the following areas. Students wishing to obtain multiple concentrations should note that each concentration requires 15.00 unique upper level credits from those listed below.
- Accounting Concentration: BFIN 342 and BFIN 347; one of BFIN 331, BFIN 350 or BFIN 351; two of BFIN 411, BFIN 412 or BFIN 431
- Financial Planning Concentration: BFIN 351 and BFIN 386; one of BFIN 350 or BFIN 353; BFIN 441 and BFIN 486
- Human Resource Management Concentration: BADM 305 and BADM 318; one of BADM 303, BADM 307, BADM 329, BADM 335 or BADM 382; two of BADM 465, BADM 466 or BADM 475
- International Business and Logistics Concentration: IBUS 321 and IBUS 341; one of IBUS 340, IBUS 357, IBUS 358 or BFIN 353; two of IBUS 405, IBUS 434 or IBUS 440
- Marketing Concentration: BMKT 360 and BMKT 364; one of BMKT 316, BMKT 365, BMKT 366, BMKT 367, BMKT 369 or IBUS 357; two of BMKT 401, BMKT 405 or BMKT 408
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar.
Capilano University | 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V7J 3H5 Tel: 604.986.1911
Sunshine Coast | 5627 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt, British Columbia Canada V0N 3A0 Tel: 604.885.9310
Capilano University is named after Chief Joe Capilano, an important leader of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh) Nation of the Coast Salish people. We respectfully acknowledge that our campuses are located on the territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.