Accepting applications for the 2018–2019 academic year now until July 13, 2018. Accepting a maximum of 40 mentors. Congratulations on choosing to get involved!
All current Cap U students (domestic or international) are welcome to apply, provided that:
- You attended Capilano University for at least one year (or two semesters).
- You are in good academic standing (pdf). Both your term Grade Point Average (GPA) and your cumulative GPA are 2.0 or higher. You have no history of relevant academic or non-academic misconduct (those students with a history may still be considered, but must meet with International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience to discuss their appropriateness for the Program).
- You are committed to the International Leadership and Mentorship Program for two semesters (fall and spring).
- You are able to dedicate approximately 3-5 hours per week to attend and contribute to team meetings and international student events.
To be considered, please carefully complete an application form below.
Become a Mentor Application Form
International Leadership and Mentorship Program at Capilano University
- I understand that as part of the application process a search of my academic and non-academic conduct records with Cap U Student Affairs will be conducted and I consent to this exchange of information for the purposes of ascertaining my qualifications for being a peer mentor. If I have any questions about what will be shared, I can contact Student Affairs.
- I agree that the Centre for International Experience (CIE) can provide the above information about me to international student Mentees participating in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program, including those whom I have been matched with. This information will be held in confidentiality between Mentees and the CIE.
- I agree that the CIE can provide the above information about me to other Mentors participating in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program.
- I understand that at any time during my participation in the program, I can contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via email@example.com, with any concerns, problems or issues.
- I agree that at any time I need to remove myself from the program, I will immediately contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I understand that all program participants (including Mentors and other Mentees) will be required to agree to a similar agreement
- I understand that as a mentor I need to meet all the basic requirements of the program in order to complete and receive the International Leadership and Mentorship Certificate. Mentors who cannot meet these requirements will be removed by either the International Student Engagement Facilitator and/or the International Student Engagement Officer.