Diversity and inclusivity are an integral part of Capilano University’s campus community. Our multicultural student body, faculty and employees enrich our learning environment and experience.
CapU is committed to attracting and retaining a respectful and diverse workforce. Human rights, diversity, inclusion and equity underpin our employment practices and policies.
We are proud to be an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and all other grounds included under the BC Human Rights Code.
Employee Stories: Jo Ann Cook
Why does Jo-Ann Cook (Groundskeeper, Facilities) love her job? She says she has the best office on campus.
Employee Stories: Andrea Eby
Why does Andrea Eby (Instructor, School of Business) love her job? She likes the impact she has on her students.
Employee Stories: Willie Lewis
Why does Willie Lewis (Indigenous Recruitment Advisor) love his job? He says his greatest motivation is seeing Indigenous students succeed.
- We have a 35-hour work week, flexible hours for many employees, paid family and parental leaves.
- Full-time support staff start with three weeks' vacation, increasing to six weeks and full-time faculty receive two months' vacation.
- CapU holds employee health & wellness events and initiatives.
- Our North Vancouver campus hosts a first-class Children's Centre facility on campus. Our Early Childhood Care and Education certificate, diploma and degree programs have a direct link to the facility. Our facility has 70 spaces, is available to employees and is located in the heart of the campus. Our Continuing Studies & Executive Education department also offers a wide variety of Kids Camps throughout the summer.
As an employee of the University, here are just a few of the benefits you may be entitled to:
- Comprehensive and flexible benefits plans that include coverage for medical, dental, extended health and group life insurance for you and your family
- Eligible employees join either the Municipal Pension Plan (staff) or College Pension Plan (administrators, faculty and exempt employees)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Sick leave, short-term illness and long-term disability plans
- Travel insurance through TravelAssist program
- Development opportunities:
- Career development
- Computer skills
- Conferences and workshops
- Faculty professional and instructional development
- Fee waivers
- International opportunities
- Paid educational leave
- Discount tickets to theatre performances at the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts
- Affordable long-term parking
- Free access to the Centre for Sport and Wellness
- Wellness Committee and other events