Together, as a community of educators, practitioners, researchers, children, families, students, and donors we will champion early learning and its vital importance in creating equitable, inclusive, sustainable communities.
Capilano University's new Centre for Childhood Studies will be an international hub for thought leadership, applied research, practice and policy development in Early Childhood Care and Education:
- A purpose-designed experiential learning and applied research Centre dedicated to optimizing the education of young children ages 0-5
- Two-storey, 23,000-square-foot LEED Gold Centre at the north of campus, adjacent to transit and forest
- Enabling 25% growth in admissions to CapU's Early Childhood Care and Education Program, helping to meet accelerating workforce demand
- Doubling CapU's capacity for childcare with 74 new spaces, prioritized for parents who are students
- Amplifying CapU's leadership in early childhood scholarship and research
Learn more about the Centre's impact, experiential learning and research spaces by downloading the Centre for Childhood Studies Project Overview 2021 (pdf) or visit Centre for Childhood Studies.
total project cost
from Province of B.C.
in CapU funding
Construction is slated to begin in 2022 with completion scheduled for mid-2024.
All gifts are gratefully received and can be pledged over a multi-year period. A limited number of naming opportunities are available for those who wish to associate their family name, that of a loved one, or the name of an inspiring influence to a specific area within the Centre.
Please contact Kari Wharton, Campaign Director, for details.