After 25 years of use, the seats in the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts are in need of replacement.
Since the theatre opened 24 years ago, more than 963,000 people have attended 1,956 events, including 840 performances by Capilano University students.
To ensure our students, alumni, and local and world renowned artists have a vibrant, modern facility to perform in, we'd like you to Take a Seat.
We are offering the chance to name your seat in the BlueShore Financial Centre for the Performing Arts.
Our commemorative seat donation is an opportunity for you to support our students, and to invest in the future of performing arts on the North Shore.
You can dedicate a seat:
- As an individual, couple, or family;
- For your children, grandchildren, or parents;
- In memory of someone special;
- With the name of your business or organization; or
- To honour a retiring employee.
Learn more about making your gift to the Take a Seat campaign.
Your gift will support the theatre’s refresh campaign. Theatre upgrades include new seating, carpet replacement, aisle lighting and making the theatre more accessible – just in time to celebrate our 25th anniversary in 2022.
To name a seat, you can make a tax-deductible gift. Here are the options:
- Named plaque for 5 years – $500 for each seat ($41.67 per month for 12 months)
- Named plaque for 15 years – $1,000 for each seat ($83.34 per month for 12 months)
- Two Seats, each with named plaques for 15 years, and a contribution to a student award in the performing arts at CapU – $5,000 ($416.67 per month for 12 months)
Your generosity makes it possible for avid theatre-goers to continue to experience the power of the performing arts to inspire and create.
Donations are tax-deductible and serve as an enduring memorial or to honour someone of significance to you.