COVID-19 and Capilano University's response
Fall 2020 Remote Learning Support
Courses this fall will be offered mainly through online delivery with some in-person classes where required and in alignment with B.C.'s health and safety guidelines. Courses will be offered in one of four formats: Online, Mixed mode (a combination of online and in-person), In-person (on campus or at a specified learning site) and Off-site (practicums or community-based delivery). Learn more about remote learning support tools at CapU.
Health and Safety at CapU
CapU’s priority is the health and safety of both students and employees. Learn about our health and safety practices and procedure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus in the COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan – 05/25/20.
We are answering your questions to provide the information you need related to COVID-19.
- July 6, 2020: Fall 2020 Remote Academic Support
- June 29, 2020: Student Digital Ambassadors Assist Students with Remote Learning
- June 12, 2020: Developing our plan for the fall 2020 semester
- May 15, 2020: Capilano University's plans for fall 2020 semester
- April 22, 2020: $9 billion in new COVID-19 funding for students from federal government
- April 16, 2020: Spring 2020 Term Grades - Questions and Answers
- April 16, 2020: BC government launches free counselling service for post-secondary students
- April 9, 2020: U-Pass BC program temporarily suspended as of May 1, 2020
- April 8, 2020: Spring 2020 Final Grade Options & Emergency Bursary Fund Information
- April 7, 2020: Fees for Summer 2020 term
- April 7, 2020: Letter from BC Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- April 1, 2020: Spring 2020 Course Withdrawal Date Extended
- March 26, 2020: Summer Semester to be offered by remote learning methods
- March 25, 2020: Capilano University updates on delivery of student services
- March 20, 2020: Teaching, Learning and Campus Services
- March 19, 2020: Changes to Service Schedules and Campus Hours During COVID-19
- March 17, 2020: Capilano University resumes academic programs through remote (online) and adapted instructional and service models
- March 15, 2020: Capilano University pauses all classes for Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- March 14, 2020: The University is currently reviewing plans for alternative delivery of our courses and programs
- News: CapU Animation Grad Show launches online May 1, 2020 (April 29, 2020)
- News: Capilano University film student creates video honouring healthcare heroes (April 29, 2020)
- Media release: Capilano University Announces COVID-19 Emergency Financial Aid for Students (April 3, 2020)
- News: CapU Theatre Technician 3D Prints Face Shield Parts for Healthcare Workers (April 1, 2020)
- News: CapU donates medical supplies to Lions Gate Hospital & Sechelt Hospital in fight against COVID-19 (March 26, 2020)
Messages from our President
Read messages from Paul Dangerfield, President of Capilano University.
Submitted by: Linda Munro