Follow these instructions If you've forgotten your password or need to reset your password.
Register for Self-service Password Reset (SSPR)
Please ensure you have set up your recovery information first before attempting to reset your password.
- To reset your password, visit the password reset page on Microsoft Online.
- Type in your CapU email address as the User ID,
- email@example.com for employees,
- firstname.lastname@example.org for students.
- Enter the characters in the picture then click Next.
- You will choose one contact option before you can reset your password. Select either your mobile phone or alternate email as per your security recovery information.
Option 1 (Mobile Phone) sends a verification code to the mobile phone number that you have configured for your account.
Click Text. Enter the verification code you received by text. Click Next.
Option 2 (Email) sends a verification code to the personal email that you have configured for your account.
Click Email. Enter the code from the email that was just sent. Click Next.
- Change your password. Enter a new password and re-enter it in the "Confirm new password" field. Click Finish.
You will see a notice that your password has been reset.
- You will receive a confirmation once your password has been reset both to your CapU email and your non-CapU email.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your password.