A U-Pass BC gives students access to bus, SeaBus and SkyTrain services within Metro Vancouver, as well as discounts on West Coast Express. All eligible students pay for their U-Pass BC as part of their student fees. In addition to providing you with low-cost travel, U-Pass BC encourages you to make transit part of your lifestyle, which helps reduce greenhouse gasses while creating a sustainable transit program.
How to obtain your Compass Card
If you don't already have a Compass Card, you can easily obtain one from TransLink; the cost is $6. If you have a Compass Card from the previous term, you can continue to use this card - you do not need to obtain another card. Following are some ways to get your Compass Card:
- Capilano University Bookstore
- Vending machines at Sky Train stations and Seabus terminals
- London Drugs, Safeway, Shopper's Drug Mart, etc. throughout the Lower Mainland
- Online at the TransLink website
- By Phone at TransLink at 604 398 2042
Please note: The university bookstore now sells compass cards
How to load your U-Pass BC
Once you have your Compass Card, go to the U-Pass website and follow the instructions below to load your U-Pass BC:
- Select "Capilano University" from the drop-down menu
- Log-in using your Capilano ID and password
- Link your Compass Card by entering the 20-digits and CVN on the back of your Compass Card
- Request your U-Pass BC for the current month
Every month you will need to go to the U-Pass website to request each month's benefit; this will be available on the 16th of the previous month.