The World Happens Here!
November 19 to 22, 2018
Join us for a week-long celebration of countries and cultures spanning time zones through dialogue, interactive booths, film, and music. Awaken the wanderlust in you! #capuandworld
The IEW 2018 events are open to all CapU students, alumni and employees.
World Language Café
Monday, November 19
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Arbutus Courtyard and Language Resource Centre
Arbutus Building, room AR117
The Language Resource Centre invites you to celebrate! Make connections and explore different cultures, food and languages. Expand your international palette by learning about our Chinese, French, Japanese and Spanish course offerings at CapU.
International Film Screening
Wednesday, November 21
11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Library Building, room LB195
Watch an award winning international motion picture feature (to be announced soon).
Global Fair 2018: The World Happens Here!
Thursday, November 22
11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Birch Building, cafeteria
Experience a cultural and study abroad show-and-tell through booth exhibits that will awaken the traveler in you.
Study Abroad Mixer
Thursday, November 22
5 to 6:30 p.m.
Birch Building, room BR126
Passionate about travel and the world? Looking into studying abroad or have studied abroad? If yes, meet new friends and study abroad alumni, exchange stories, and learn first-hand about study abroad opportunities at CapU. Join us for a relaxing evening of travel-inspired activities, prizes, food and refreshments.
Plus: Watch for a daily international menu feature in our Birch Cafeteria!
Global Fair 2018 Prize Draw: Pick up your passport card now, travel the world on Thursday, November 22!
- Pick up your IEW 2018 passport card in the CIE in LB127
- Visit at least three country booths (and collect stamps) during our Global Fair on November 22.
- Bring the card to the CIE in room LB127 to be automatically entered for a chance to win.
CapU Community Photo Contest 2018
Photo Contest Theme: International Community
Share a photo of an internationally-inspired moment. Think about a time when you felt connected to the global community or felt your horizons expanding. Reflect upon a time where you had a humbling international experience.
Enter the contest!
The CapU Community Photo Contest 2018 contest is open to all Cap students, alumni, and employees.
When to enter
Start: November 5, 2018
End: November 15, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon)
How to enter
Email your photo submission to email@example.com. Please include a caption with your photograph. At the very least, the caption must include the location and time (year) at which the photograph was taken. It can also convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken or your interpretation of it. Good luck!
The photograph with the highest number of votes, including Likes, Shares and Comments wins! The winning photograph will be framed and exhibited in the CIE Lounge in room LB127 and the winner will receive a framed version of their work of art! The winner will be announced on November 23 at 12 p.m. (noon) in CIE lounge in room LB127.
Vote for your favourite photo!
Voting is open to all CapU students, alumni, and employees.
When to vote
Start: November 16, 2018 at 12 p.m. (noon)
End: November 23, 2018 at 10 a.m.
How to vote
To vote for your favourite photo entry, you can:
- vote in person (top three photos will be unveiled in the CIE Lounge on November 18-23), and/or
- Like, Comment, Share online (top three photos will posted on the CIE FB Page @CapilanoUCIE).
The photograph requirements
- Photos must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos must be submitted by 12 p.m. (noon) on November 15, 2018.
- Submitted photos must be of high resolution (at least 300dpi).
- The photograph can be taken via a digital or traditional camera.
- There is no limitation as to when or how long ago the photographs were taken.
- Only minor cropping, colour correction, burning, dodging is acceptable. We want your photographs as natural as possible, as they were taken!
- Must not contain obscene, provocative, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. The Centre for International Experience (CIE) reserves the right to refuse any photograph submitted on these bases.
- The photograph must not include a person under the age (as considered in their country of origin) unless you are able to provide the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- By entering the contest, you agree that all of the abovementioned rules are met. You also agree that your entries can be used through any CapU's official print and online marketing materials. Finally, should your photograph be selected as a winner, you agree to have them exhibited on the beautiful photo-collage wall in the CIE in room LB127.
Organized and hosted by the Wong and Trainor Centre for International Experience (CIE)