CapU opens the door to opportunities.
The eight-month Accounting Assistant Certificate program trains students in accounting, bookkeeping, computer applications and office procedures; and prepares students for the workplace.
You'll also participate in a 2-week work practicum with a local company.
- Prepare business emails, letters and memos using fundamental principles of grammar, punctuation, and written communication skills so that the message is clearly transmitted.
- Apply basic math skills in the computation of the numerical aspects of business situations.
- Analyze and record basic accounting transactions accurately and thoroughly for different types of business organizations.
- Operate Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint as software tools to be used in a business setting.
- Record accounting transactions using a variety of computerized accounting programs.
- Produce an effective team project which links high-performance team and group concepts.
- Use their resume, letters of application, interviewing techniques and other job strategies to seek employment and complete a two week practicum placement.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 30.00
Aug 7, 2018 - Sep 3, 2019
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 8, 2019
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 19, 2019 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
BC Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent; or Mature Student status
SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency) test for EAP students (post-secondary level required).
Applicants are required to attend an information meeting or make an appointment with a faculty member or program convenor.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University 2018-2019 Calendar (pdf).