This program does not accept applications. However, students can apply to the Indigenous Digital Filmmaking Diploma and work towards earning this credential.
Prior to the Fall 2021 term, this program was known as the Indigenous Independent Digital Filmmaking Certificate program.
- Prove their creative and analytical storytelling ability by producing a treatment, outline and script for two short productions as well as an executed research plan for a fact-based story.
- Prove their leadership and management skills by developing and producing two final video productions complete with a production package for each and with the support of a crew made up of their peers.
- Demonstrate introductory technical production skills in camera, lighting, sound, editing, soundtracks, graphics, credits and effects.
- Develop and organize personal and professional components of their portfolio as well as present three different story ideas in classroom presentations and develop information for festival submissions and proposals.
- Apply Aboriginal and professional practices and protocols during their productions.
Total program credits: 31.00
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.