The Capilano University homepage is the official source of closure information. Unless a specific closure message appears on the homepage, the University is open.
As temperatures dip, there are important things to keep in mind. Here's how you can find information about University operations, classes, transportation and getting around campus.
- Visit our homepage at capilanou.ca for up-to-date information about campus closures.
- We will post morning closure announcements and updates as close to 6:30 a.m. as possible on the day of closure.
- Check out Capilano University's Twitter feed for updates.
- Download the CapUSafe app on your Apple or Android device. We will send you push notifications through the app in the event of a campus closure.
Take a look at other social media channels
- TransLink's Facebook and Twitter page
- DriveBC's Twitter page
- Global BC's Facebook and Twitter page
- CTV Vancouver's Facebook and Twitter page
- CBC BC's Facebook and Twitter page
Listen to the radio or watch the local news. Here are the key media outlets to monitor:
Vancouver traffic - 730 AM
CKNW - 980 AM
CKWX - 1130 AM
BCTV Global (channel 11)
CTV-Vancouver (channel 9)
CBC TV-BC (channel 3)
Stay safe on the roads
If you are unsure of driving conditions, use alternative transportation.
Visit TransLink's Trip Planner for current schedules and bus routes.
If you decide to drive
- Drive slowly and with added caution.
- Plan for a longer than normal commute with possible major delays.
- Pack extra clothes, safety equipment and other emergency supplies.
- Ensure your cellular phone or other wireless device is fully charged at all times.
I'm an employee. What do I need to know about campus closures?
Refer to the University's Closure Policy for correct procedures during complete or partial University closures.
The University is open unless closure information is posted on our website.