The Capilano University homepage is the official source of closure information. Unless a specific closure message appears on the homepage, the University is open during regularly scheduled hours. Most of our services and educational programming are being delivered remotely throughout the winter of 2020—2021. Please note that on the rare occasions when CapU's facilities are closed due to inclement weather we will remain operational with classes and services delivered online. Faculty currently hosting in-person classes will advise their students of alternate plans for the day(s).
As temperatures dip, there are important things to keep in mind. Here's how you can find information about University operations, classes, transportation and getting around campus.
- Visit our homepage at capilanou.ca for up-to-date information about campus closures.
- We will post morning closure announcements and updates as close to 6:30 a.m. as possible on the day of closure.
- Check out Capilano University's Twitter feed for updates.
- Download the CapUSafe app on your Apple or Android device. We will send you push notifications through the app in the event of a campus closure.
Check for social media updates from TransLink, DriveBC and local radio and television broadcsters
- TransLink's Facebook page and Twitter
- DriveBC's Twitter
- Global BC's Facebook page and Twitter
- AM 730 Traffic radio station and Twitter
- News 1130 (CKWX 1130 AM) Facebook and Twitter page
- CBC News Vancouver's Facebook and Twitter page
Stay safe on the roads
Before heading out on the roads, check with TransLink for transit delays or DriveBC for any traffic incidents that could affect your commute. Plan your route using TransLink's Trip Planner for current schedules and bus routes.You can sign up to receive transit alerts from Translink.
If you are unsure of driving conditions, use alternative transportation.
If you decide to drive
- Drive slowly and with added caution.
- Plan for a longer than normal commute with possible major delays.
- Pack extra clothes, safety equipment and other emergency supplies.
- Ensure your cellular phone or other wireless device is fully charged at all times.
I'm an employee. What do I need to know about campus closures?
The University is open unless closure information is posted on our website. Refer to the University's Closure Policy for correct procedures during complete or partial University closures.