Your CapCard is your official CapU identification card for use on campus - keep it with you!
Your CapCard functions as your Library Card and provides you access to certain classrooms depending on the program that you are enrolled in.
You will need your CapCard:
- To write exams on campus
- To use copying and printing services or check out resources from the Library
- To access services from the Registrar's Office
- To access services at the Student Financial Accounts Office
- To access your Student Residence and Meal Plan
- *You may also be required to present your CapCard to Transit Police as proof-of-eligibility for the U-Pass BC Program.
Getting your CapCard
If you are a Student, Faculty or Staff you can visit the Registrar’s Office – LB152 to have your ID photo taken and a card will be issued for you.
Students who are unable to come to campus can request their card by emailing their full name and student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once issued, their card will be mailed to their home address as it appears in their myCapU account. Unfortunately, their card will not include a photograph.
If you are a visitor, please check in with Security in Arbutus Building, room AR017 for a visitor card.
If your CapCard has been lost or damaged, you can request a replacement by email to email@example.com.