Accounting Assistant Certificate
Faculty of Business & Professional Studies, School of Business
CapU opens the door to opportunities.
The eight-month Accounting Assistant Certificate program trains students in accounting, bookkeeping, computer applications and office procedures; and prepares students for the workplace.
You'll also participate in a 2-week work practicum with a local company.
- Prepare business emails, letters and memos using fundamental principles of grammar, punctuation, and written communication skills so that the message is clearly transmitted.
- Apply basic math skills in the computation of the numerical aspects of business situations.
- Analyze and record basic accounting transactions accurately and thoroughly for different types of business organizations.
- Operate Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint as software tools to be used in a business setting.
- Record accounting transactions using a variety of computerized accounting programs.
- Produce an effective team project which links high-performance team and group concepts.
- Use their resume, letters of application, interviewing techniques and other job strategies to seek employment and complete a two week practicum placement.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change.
Total credits: 15.00
Students must achieve a minimum of a "B" grade in the final exam of BTEC 117 to continue in this program.
|BTEC 111||Business English I||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 115||Business Systems and Procedures||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 117||Accounting Procedures I||3.00 credits|
|Choose 6.00 credits from the following list|
|BTEC 124||Comprehensive Computer Applications||6.00 credits|
|BTEC 125||Comprehensive Computer Applications I||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 126||Comprehensive Computer Applications II||3.00 credits|
Total credits: 15.00
|BTEC 149||Financial Computer Applications||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 211||Business Writing||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 217||Accounting Procedures II||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 220||Accounting Procedures III||1.50 credits|
|BTEC 252||Organizational Behaviour||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 300||Accounting Assistant Practicum||1.50 credits|
|Choose from the following list|
|BTEC 112||Language Skill Development||1.50 credits|
Total program credits: 30.00
Aug 1, 2017 - Sep 4, 2018
Course Registration & Waitlisting
Jul 9-20, 2018
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 27, 2018 4 p.m.
Aug 7, 2018 - Sep 3, 2019
Note: Dates are subject to change.
BC Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent; or Mature Student status
SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency) test for EAP students (post-secondary level required).
Applicants are required to attend an information meeting or make an appointment with a faculty member or program convenor.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University 2018-2019 Calendar (pdf).