The only program in Canada where you can take training that combines occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech/language audiology therapy.
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career? Do you want to help people, enjoy being part of a team, and generally have a positive attitude? Most Rehabilitation Assistants are employed in acute care and rehab hospitals working with clients who need support in some area of daily living. The triple-training provided in this unique program means you could be providing physical, cognitive, communication or psychosocial support. Clients come from all demographics and range from newborns to the elderly.
- Demonstrate application of RA Frame of Reference incorporating Plan, Do, Observe & Record.
- Demonstrate professionalism by taking responsibility for assigned tasks, using appropriate language, integrating constructive feedback and managing time efficiently.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, clinicians/team members, peers and instructors through oral, written and/or non-verbal methods.
- Demonstrate mastery upon completion of RA program by achieving CGPA (cumulative grade point) of B average or better in all coursework, and credit status in 3 practicum placements.
- Acquire, demonstrate and maintain practical skills necessary to fulfill the role of a rehabilitation assistant.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 63.00
Oct 1, 2019 - Mar 3, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
The Rehabilitation Assistant Diploma Program at Capilano University has been accredited by the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program in collaboration with Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Accreditation was granted to the program on November 30, 2018 for the period until November 30, 2024.
Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program, 26 - 509 Commissioners Road West, London, Ontario, N6J 1Y5; phone: 226 636 0632, website: www.otapta.ca
Email email@example.com to add your name to our interest list. We can then let you know when the dates are set for the program information meetings. An RSVP will be required.
It is important to attend the MANDATORY program information meeting; it's a requirement for program entry. Two meetings are typically held in early November for the following year’s intake. We will usually schedule one daytime and one evening session.
Out of town applicants: if you are unable to attend one of the two dates scheduled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a proxy or alternative option.
If after attending the mandatory information meeting you are interested in applying, you would need to:
- submit an online application to Capilano University and
- submit a full RADP document submission package to the department by the deadline given at
the information meeting.
At the information meeting, you will receive a full package detailing the complete admission process.
|November||Attend a mandatory information session|
|December||RADP document submission package due|
|January/February||Shortlisted applicants will be notified of interview date/time|
|February/March||Acceptance letters will go out to successful applicants|
|Required Forms (pdf)|
|Criminal Record||Only criminal record checks completed through the University can be accepted. Please do not obtain one through the RCMP. Contact the School of Applied Health to arrange a time to bring forms to the campus along with two pieces of original identification. Download, print and complete credit card and consent form. There is a $28 fee.|
|Medical Form||Please have your doctor complete this form. You will need to include this form in your submission package.|
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU