Reporting a lost or found item
You can report a lost or found item in a few simple steps:
- Describe the item in detail.
- Tell us where (building and room number) and when it was lost or found.
- Provide your contact information so we can get in touch with you.
Report a lost or found item by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 984 1763.
Viewing found items
You can view found items at the Campus Security Office on the ground floor of Arbutus Building, room AR017. Call us at 604 984 1763 to arrange a viewing time.
After one month, all unclaimed found items are donated to Big Brothers, with the following exceptions:
- Perishable articles (drink and food containers) are not collected.
- Credit cards and bank cards are destroyed after 24 hours.
- Capilano University I.D.'s are immediately returned to the CapCard Centre.
- I.D.'s, passports and other government-issued papers are kept for the 30 days then returned to the appropriate government institutions.
- Clothing will be donated to various charities.
- Articles that contain electronic information will be destroyed.
- Glasses will be donated to the Canadian Lions Eyeglass Recycling Centre (CLERC).
Have you lost something on public transit?
Have you lost something on public transit (Transit bus, Skytrain, Seabus)?
View Translink's Lost & Found.
Want to get in touch? Contact us at 604 984 1763 or visit us in the Campus Security Office on the ground floor of Arbutus Building, room AR017.
We welcome your suggestions on how we can improve our lost and found services. Let us know at email@example.com.