COVID-19 Important Notice
For the latest international student updates related to COVID-19, please visit COVID-19 FAQs for International Students.
Capilano University offers a wide range of free services for international students, offered by outstanding professionals who are passionate about supporting CapU students.
The Wong and Trainor Centre for International Experience (CIE) provides many services for international students. We can help you with application processing, admissions advising, immigration advising, student leadership and mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer support, study abroad programs and more.
Immigration advising during COVID-19
Immigration advising will be conducted by telephone during the scheduled hours outlined below.
If you need to speak with an immigration advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in the subject line:
- full name
- student number
- telephone number
There is no need to include a message in the body of the email. You will be called in the order requests are received. Please make sure to be available by telephone during the upcoming sessions until you have been contacted. Your patience and understanding throughout this process is greatly appreciated.
Immigration Advising Schedule – all times PT
- Thursday, Aug. 27, 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 14, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 21, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 28, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 30, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
International student admissions advisors
Our admissions advisors for international students are here to help. We can:
- guide you through the program options
- help you apply to Capilano University
- provide assistance on medical insurance and study permits
- connect you to CapU's student services and resources.
And while CapU staff can’t represent you or offer legal advice, we can help you navigate through Citizenship and Immigration Canada immigration issues.
Counsellor for international students
CapU has a counsellor specifically for international students, who can help you with personal, academic and career counselling during one-on-one appointments.
The University also offers a full range of counselling services to all our students.
International Leadership and Mentorship Program
Our International Leadership and Mentorship Program is driven by a team of dedicated and enthusiastic CapU student mentors who are excited to help support your transition to CapU by connecting you to:
- other students
- CapU instructors and staff
- student groups and clubs
- community organizations
- volunteer opportunities
- student success workshops and resources
- social and cultural events.
Learn how you can be matched with a mentor!