Cashier's Office going cashless
The Cashier’s Office at the North Vancouver campus, as well as kálax-ay Sunshine Coast campus, no longer accepts cash payments as of August 1, 2019.
You can make payments to Capilano University through any of the following options below.
For student payments outside of Canada, Capilano University has now partnered with Flywire to process International student fees. Please visit our Flywire page or our international payments page for more information.
You can easily pay your tuition and fees through online banking with a Canadian bank.
To set up Capilano University as a payee, use your nine-digit Capilano University student ID number for your account number.
It will take at least three business days for your payment transaction to show up in your student account. Hang on to your bank payment receipt until you’re sure the payment has gone through and shows up in your student account.
Through your student account
Interac Online payments can be made through your myCapU account. However, debit cards that have Visa or Mastercard attached are not accepted online.
Learn more about Interac payments on the interac online website.
In person at the Cashier's Office
You can pay in person at the Cashier’s Office by cheque, money order/bank draft, debit card, visa debit, or debit mastercard.
- Cheques are to be made out to Capilano University and must include your student number
- Post-dated cheques will not be accepted and will be returned to the student
- If a cheque is returned for any reason (such as NSF, Account Closed, invalid Date, etc.) the University will charge a penalty of $40 and the student will be contacted
The Cashier's Office also accepts:
- Passport to Education Award booklets from the Ministry of Education
- Credit card payments for international student tuition and student fees
- contract payments for those students who are sponsored by an agency (e.g. band funding, HRSDC)
- designated scholarships, bursaries, and awards that students receive from external sources outside the University.
We do not accept:
- Cash payment for credit and non-credit tuition and student fees
- Credit card payments for domestic student tuition and student fees
- Dogwood District/Authority Award Scholarships
- Grade 12 Graduation Program Examination Scholarships.
For more information on the scholarships above, please visit the Ministry of Advanced Education
Cashier’s Office Hours
Birch 214-2055 Purcell Way
North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H5
|Monday||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am||4:00 pm|
|Closed weekends and holidays|
Higher Ed Points Program
You can pay your school fees with Aeroplan Miles through the HigherEdPoints.com program. With this partnership, students can use Aeroplan Miles to cover their fees at Capilano. If you have 35,000 Aeroplan Miles, that works out to $250 worth of credits at CapU. For more information and to set up an account, visit the HigherEdPoints website.