Improve your English language skills with tuition-free ESL classes at Capilano University.
Study ESL and prepare for university success at CapU
In the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program at CapU, you'll advance your spoken and written English in small classes with friendly, supportive instructors who will help you grow.
In the EAP program, you'll learn how to:
- research and write academic essays;
- read academic textbooks and peer-reviewed articles;
- understand academic lectures and take notes; and
- deliver academic presentations based on research.
See an overview of the full-time EAP Program (pdf).
Connect with our admissions team directly so we can help you put together a successful application.
EAP Pathway Programs
In a CapU Pathway program, you earn credits for your degree or diploma quickly. EAP and Pathway instructors work together to give you the support and help you need to succeed.
There are two Pathway options available:
Learn more about the EAP Pathway programs.
EAP Placement Test
To find the EAP course that's right for you, you'll need take the EAP Placement Test (EPT) unless you have an ELS, IELTS or equivalent score.
Learn more and register for the EAP Placement Test. We are now testing online with the Duolingo Test of English.
Note: All students must have some English language skills to enter the program. Our EAP courses are not at the beginner level.
Admission requirements for EAP
- B.C. Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent;
- a valid English Language Assessment (ELA) test score of a minimum of 32 OR the EAP Placement Test.