Here’s where to find – and how to submit – official forms and letters of request.

Video Tutorial

Your official transcript is a complete academic record of your studies at Capilano University. It includes all of your courses, credit programs and grades.

Transcripts are issued by the Registrar's Office, in a sealed envelope, and mailed to the address you provide. Standard Canada Post mailing timelines apply. 

The cost is $12 for each copy of your official transcript that you request. The Registrar’s Office processes your request once they have all the information required and your payment in full.

If you owe money to the university the transcript will not be sent until you clear your debt.

Types of transcript available

When you fill in a transcript request you will be asked to select either a Grad or an End-of-Term transcript. 

Note: If you don’t select a type of transcript, we will process your request immediately.

A Grad transcript is only available to students who have applied and are eligible for graduation. We will hold your transcript request until you’ve been advised you’re eligible to graduate. Your transcript will include graduation comments.

An End-of-Term transcript includes all your grades up to and including the current term. We will hold your request until all your grades are in.

Generally, end-of-term transcripts are released on the following schedule:

  • Spring Term: Early May
  • Summer Term: End of August
  • Fall Term: End of December

For a complete list of end-of-term and graduation processing dates please check Registration Dates.

Current students

Current students must request official transcripts through your myCapU account.

After you log in:

  1. Go to the Student Records menu.
  2. Select Request Printed Official Transcript.
  3. Complete and submit all required fields. 

We usually process and mail transcripts the same day as an online request is made, and no later than one business day after. (Business days are Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays.)

Transcripts ordered online are mailed out and are not available for pick up.

If you want to pick up your transcript you must order it in person during normal business hours. The transcript will be processed for you while you wait.

Past students

(Alumni) Former students may request their official transcripts through your myCapU account.

After you log in:

  1. Go to the Student Records menu.
  2. Select Request Printed Official Transcript.
  3. Complete and submit all required fields.

If you no longer have access to your myCapU account, you may either:

We try to process and mail transcripts the same day as an online request is made, and no later than one business day after. (Business days are Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays.)

Transcripts ordered online will be mailed and are not available for pick up.

If you need to confirm t your enrolment at CapU, you can print an Enrolment Verification letter at no charge.

After you’ve logged into your myCapU account:

  1. Go to the Student Records
  2. Select View or Print Enrolment Verification to view or print your letter.

Adult Basic Education (ABE) students

If you are a student in an ABE program and need an Enrolment Verification letter, you need to submit a Letter or Form Request form (pdf). There is no charge for this.

From the menu listing the types of forms available:

  1. Choose Other.
  2. Type in that you need an ABE Enrolment Verification.
  3. Submit your letter to the Registrar’s Office.

Verification for financial aid

If you need proof of enrolment for government assistance programs such as student loans, please contact Financial Aid & Awards.

What is an Extenuating Circumstance?

Extenuating circumstances are defined as unusual circumstances beyond the student's control which are unpreventable and unpredictable, which makes it impossible for a student to complete coursework and affects academic performance.

The circumstances can be medical, psychological, accidental or hardship and other personal challenges that arise during the registered term. Conditions or situations of which there was pre-existing knowledge are not typically considered.

An extenuating circumstances withdrawal from courses is a withdrawal after the end of the Add/drop period. If an application for an extenuating withdrawal is granted after the withdrawal period, the grade on the student records will be noted on as a “WE.” An application for an extenuating withdrawal prior to the withdrawal period will be noted on a student recorded as a "W" and not a "WE." Requests to reverse a student record are not accepted.

Am I Eligible to Apply?

Thoroughly review the course drop periods, academic deadlines, withdrawal process, and the Application for Extenuating Withdrawal (pdf) form.

Students are encouraged to consult their instructors to identify alternatives for successful completion of their courses before applying for an extenuating circumstances withdrawal. Instructors are not required to make allowance for any incomplete coursework, test or exam.

Students are urged to meet an Academic Advisor to discuss academic planning and graduation goals.

International Students are advised to meet an International Student Services advisor if visa status changes due to an extenuating withdrawal approval.

Applications for an extenuating circumstances withdrawal must be submitted within 12 months after the beginning of the requested term. Any request received after this deadline may not be considered. If extenuating circumstances prevent the student from submitting a request within this timeline, a rationale must be made for considering the request after the deadline.

How to Complete an Application

Complete all sections of the Application for Extenuating Withdrawal (pdf) form, including Declaration and Consent. Your statement and supporting documents should be should be clear and factual. Please refer to the Application Checklist on the first page of the form for criteria and requirements. Depending on the request, Part D – Professional Assessment may be required and verified by a university official.

How to Submit an Application 

Email your application from your email to with the subject line: [Student name, Student number] - the Extenuating Circumstances Withdrawal

Mail your application to the attention of the Registrar’s Office, Birch Building Room 230, 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, B.C.  V7j 3h5

How long will it take for my application to be processed

An incomplete application will not be processed. A complete application is typically processed in approximately four weeks.

If able, students should continue to attend classes and complete course requirements while their application is being reviewed.

Note: Submission of an Application is not guarantee it will be approved.

If an application is approved

A decision letter will be emailed to your email account. Please allow an additional week after notification of the decision for the changes to appear on your record.

Your transcript will show a “WE” in the grade section of the course.

If you are completely withdrawing from a term, you will need to re-apply to Capilano University for your next term. See the specific program page for application and document deadlines.

If an application is not approved

If your application is not approved, you can appeal a decision to the Registrar within 21 days of the decision notification. For more information about the application process, please contact the Registrar’s Assistant at or call 640 990 7846. Please note that you will need to provide a statement addressing the decision and may be required to meet the Registrar.

Students who are planning to study at another institution must request a Letter of Permission before registering at that school.

Letters of Permission will only be processed on the signed, written request of the student.

Download and complete a Letter of Permission Request (pdf) and mail, fax, or hand it in to the Registrar's Office.

Processing times

If your course is listed in the BC Transfer Guide processing times are between 7 and 10 business days. If your course isn't listed in the BC Transfer Guide it can take up to 6 weeks.


  • Rush requests are not accepted.
  • Your request will not be processed if you have an outstanding balance on your student account.

Letter or Form Request (pdf)

Information about Letter or Form Requests

  • Letter and form requests are processed by the Registrar's Office only on the signed, written request of the student.
  • Students who choose to pick up their form or letter must pick up the letter or form that they request themselves or complete a Release of Information Request (pdf) indicating that a third party is authorized to pick up the letter or form.
  • Letter and form requests can be made by mail, by email to, or in person at the Registrar's Office and are prepared in the order in which they are received.
  • Normal processing time for letters or forms is seven (7) working days; however, the time to process your request may increase to ten (10) days or longer during peak periods. The cost of each letter or form that is prepared is $20.00 for regular processing. Rush letters or forms may be requested at a cost of $40.00 each, but rush requests may be denied during peak periods.
  • A letter or form will not be issued if any University account is outstanding. The applicant must clear all debts before a letter or form will be issued.
  • Please note that Canadian government student loan forms and In-School Deferment (US Loans) forms are processed through Financial Aid & Awards.

Types of Letters and Forms

  1. Forms that must be completed by your educational institution (i.e. scholarship form, CPP, RESP, etc.). Please ensure that any portions of your form that are to be completed by the student, contributor, or subscriber are completed, signed, and dated before it is submitted to the Registrar's Office.
  2. Letter required to extend the study permit. Note that there is no charge for this letter unless rush processing is requested; rush processing for this letter is $20.00.
  3. Letter required to apply for US Visa or re-entry to Canada.
  4. Letter for Post-graduate Work Permit. Note that you must have completed and been graded in all required courses for graduation and an Application for Graduation Assessment must have been submitted.
  5. Letter required to confirm program completion (Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, Diploma).
  6. Letter for E.I funding purposes.
  7. Letter required to confirm enrolment for an Off-Campus Work Permit. 
  8. Other letters as requested.

Process for Ordering Letters and Forms

By Mail

Requests submitted by mail should be sent to Capilano University, Registrar's Office, 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC, Canada, V7J 3H5. Please ensure that the forms are legible and payment information is indicated if required.

By Email

Request forms may be submitted to the email address. Please ensure that the forms are legible and payment information is indicated if required.

In Person

To request a letter or form in person, please bring your student ID card or picture ID to the Registrar's Office. You will be asked to complete a Letter or Form Request (pdf) and submit payment for your request if required. The Cashier's Office accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheque, cash, money order, or debit card.

We don't share information about your student record with third parties. If you want us to share any of your information, including your academic transcripts, letters or forms, you must sign a Release of Information Request (pdf).

Submit your completed form to the Registrar's Office.

To order a replacement credential, download and complete an Application for Replacement Credential Form (pdf).

Submit your completed form to the Registrar’s Office.

If you’ve been Required to Withdraw (RTW) you may appeal to return to the university. This must be done within a term (i.e. before one complete term has ended).

Submit your completed Required to Withdraw Appeal Form (pdf) to the Registrar’s Office.

For more information about Transfer Credit and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), please visit the Transfer Credit page.

Registrar's Office Hours

Monday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Visit us on social media