One of the benefits of studying abroad with one of our exchange partners is that you continue to pay your tuition fees for the semester abroad to Capilano University. Once selected, you pay to CapU:
- Study Abroad Fee: $375 for a fall or spring term exchange / $250 for a short summer term.
- Tuition Fees for CapU Shell Courses, which you will reigster for at CapU while you are completing your term abroad. This is the tuition fee and tuition surcharge specific to your program of study.
- Incidental Fees for the term excluding the U-Pass.
Note: Nominal fees may be charged by the host university such as health insurance, student club fees, or student transportation passes.
For your study abroad participation, you will also need to budget for:
- Airfare and other transportation costs to and from your destination and while abroad
- Accommodations while abroad
- Visa processing fees
- Health and any other insurance and any medical costs while abroad
- Any travel and living expenses while abroad
To help ease these costs, consider applying for one of the many financial awards or scholarships available to CapU students.
These Study Abroad scholarships are awards, scholarships and grants offered by external organizations for students participating in an international experience as part of their post-secondary education.
The OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) and the BMWF (Austrian Federal Ministry of Education and Science) award the Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences to selected students based on the results of the assessment procedure.
The program is open for applicants from non-EU countries going on exchange to an Austrian University of Applied Sciences for one or two semesters (max. 10 months). Note: An extension of stay is not possible and grants are only awarded to students once.
For details, see Ernst Mach Grant.
CapU students selected for exchange to FHWien University of Applied Sciences (FHWien) or Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) will submit their application for admission to the respected host institution. Once accepted by the host institution, students will then apply through the OeAD for the Ernst Mach Grant.
The British Columbia Study Abroad (BCSA) Consortium is a group of BC post-secondary institutions that work together to encourage students to gain international academic experience by offering short term study abroad programs across disciplines and countries around the world.
For detail about the Stories from Study Abroad: $500 BC Study Abroad Scholarships and future contest details, visit the Scholarships and Awards section of the BC Study Abroad site.
Victoria Bohl, CapU’s Bachelor of Tourism Management alumna, is the BC Study Abroad 7th Annual Photo Contest (2021) winner. For more details about Victoria's win, see the BCSA blog.
EDC created the International Business Scholarships because international trade is critical to Canada's economic prosperity and we're dedicated to helping students – the next generation of business leaders – to succeed.
EDC provides up to 25 scholarships a year to international business students at university or college, and five international business scholarships available to students in programs that combine business with environmental or sustainability studies.
Each scholarship is worth $4,000. You can apply anytime from the start of November until February 22, 2022.
For details, visit the Scholarships page on Export Development Canada's website.
Ann Karamysh, CapU's Bachelor of Business Administration alumna, is one of the thirty students who received the 2014 EDC International Business Scholarship.
After a two-year hiatus, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, One World International Scholarships is once again available!
The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, in partnership with the Victoria Foundation, generously hosts a suite of international scholarships designed to support students from BC in studying abroad. Successful applicants must clearly demonstrate academic merit as well as significant involvement in their community and/or school.
One World International Scholarship
Scholarships are available to students pursuing study or work abroad programs that either:
- Carry academic credit recognized by their home institution. These scholarships are valued at $2,000 to $5,000 each.
- Offer an opportunity for experiential learning, usually involving language and/or cultural training, but does not carry academic credit. These scholarships are valued at $2,000 each.
For application forms and details on the application process and eligibility requirements, visit the Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND SUBMISSION
- Spring 2022 study abroad programming: February 4, 2022
- Summer 2022 study abroad programming: March 18, 2022
- Fall 2022 study abroad programming: April 29, 2022
- Spring 2023 study abroad programming: October 14, 2022
Important: Email your complete application package as a single PDF file and in a single email (with your full name and CapU Student ID in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only complete applications will be processed. If your application is not complete, we will not be able to consider it past the deadline. Got a question? Email email@example.com.
Premier's International Scholarship
Premier's International Scholarship is not currently available, due to COVID-19 travel limitations.
- December 2019: Sara N Nguyen receives the Premier's International Scholarship to study in Germany.
- September 2015: Cheyanne Kuckein receives the Premier's International Scholarship.
- September 2014: Eighteen CapU students receive $1,000 for the One World Scholarship and Pacific Horizons Scholarship.
- September 2013: Eighteen CapU students receive $1,000 - $1,500 for the One World Scholarship and Pacific Horizons Scholarship.
- September 2013: Daniel Dubois, Megan Sadler and Clinton Shard receive $6,000 each for the Premier's International Scholarship.
CapU's Financial Aid and Awards department administers a variety of scholarships, bursaries and awards each term.
Visit the Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards page for the latest information about minimum eligibility criteria, deadline and application requirements.