Engineering Transition Diploma
Capilano University's Engineering Transition Diploma program provides mature students a pathway to obtain an applied science degree, en route to becoming professional engineers.
The program also caters to recent high school graduates who lack the pre-requisites for entry into a traditional engineering program.
Successful completion of this program ensures that students who transfer to an engineering degree program at another institution in British Columbia typically require only three additional years of study to complete their degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method and to be able to apply it critically to solve problems.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques, including the use of appropriate equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop original designs to solve engineering problems.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret laboratory data, draw sound conclusions and then effectively communicate the results.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Engage in informed debate on topics related to technology.
- Effectively apply scientific concepts towards subsequent coursework.
Total program credits: 67.00
Continuation Requirement: For continuation in the Engineering Transition program the student must normally satisfy all of the following requirements: complete the prerequisite for MATH 116 in the First Term; complete the prerequisite for MATH 126 prior to the start of the Third Term; maintain a minimum CGPA of 1.8; be able to complete all program requirements within two consecutive academic years (First Term to Fourth Term).
Graduation Requirement: To be eligible for graduation, all program requirements must normally be completed within two consecutive academic years.
Oct 1, 2019 - May 5, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Students with less than 73% in English 12 or English 12 First Peoples will be required to write the Capilano University English Diagnostic Test (EDT) or Language Proficiency Index (LPI) prior to registering in an English course.
Admission into the Engineering Transition program is competitive, so meeting the above minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU