Applications for Fall/Spring 2020-21 are now open.
- April 10, 2020 – Priority Fall/Spring 2020-21 Application Deadline
- May 31, 2020 – Late Fall/Spring 2020-21 Application Deadline
- June 1, 2020 – Fall/Spring 2020-21 Waitlist Application Opens
About the Application Process
Visit our Application Portal and log in using your Capilano University username and password. Please note that your application will not be considered complete until your $50 application fee has been received.
If you are a prospective student who has applied for Capilano University, but not yet received admission, we encourage you to apply for residence as soon as you receive your university login details.
Students who are registered in full-time studies (9 credit hours or equivalent) and are in good financial standing at Capilano University are eligible to live in our community during the academic year.
Applications for the Fall/Spring 2020-21 that are received by April 10, 2020 will be prioritized in the following order:
- First-year students and students studying at Capilano University for the first time will receive priority consideration for our double occupancy rooms. Additional priority consideration will be given to Indigenous students, international students, exchange/visiting students, and students who live outside of areas local to North Vancouver.
- Single occupancy rooms (and limited apartments) are prioritized for students with an identified need for special accommodation (based on accessibility, medical, or other needs).
- Remaining single rooms, along with a limited number of reserved double rooms, are prioritized for current students who are continuing their studies at CapU. Additional consideration will be given to students who have previously lived in the residence community.
What happens after I apply?
Check the Residence Portal often! All official communication will be visible here. Be sure to check often to ensure you don’t miss a message from us.
After you have applied for residence, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. Within two weeks after the applicable application deadline, you will receive one of the following:
- Conditional Offer Letter: If you have not yet been admitted to Capilano University, you will receive an offer to live in residence, conditional on your admission. Please check your CapU email frequently if you receive this type of offer as we will ask you to confirm regularly that you are still planning to attend. Once you have been admitted, you will receive an Offer of Residence as shown below.
- Offer of Residence: This email will include important information about your fees, move-in dates, and room type. If you wish to accept the offer, you will be given a deadline by which to log back into the residence portal to pay a $500 confirmation fee.
- Waitlist Offer: If all available spaces are currently full, you will receive an offer to be placed on our residence waitlist. You will be asked to log-in to our residence portal to confirm this offer, but will not be required to pay any fees until you have received a full Offer of Residence.