Our Wait List for the 2019-20 Academic Year is now open. All applicants who apply for the Fall and Spring 2019-20 on or after June 1, 2019, will be added to our wait list based on the order they apply. We recommend applying as soon as possible to have the best chance of receiving a room.
Applications for Summer 2019 are still being accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
April 10, 2019 – Priority Fall/Spring 2019-20 Application Deadline
May 31, 2019 – Late Fall/Spring 2019-20 Application Deadline
June 1, 2019 – Fall/Spring 2019-20 Waitlist Application Opens
About the Application Process
Visit our Application Portal and log in using your Capilano University username and password. Please note that your application will not be considered complete until your $50 application fee has been received.
If you are a prospective student who has applied for Capilano University, but not yet received admission, we encourage you to apply for residence as soon as you receive your university login details.
Students who are registered in full-time studies (9 credit hours or equivalent) and are in good financial standing at Capilano University are eligible to live in our community during the academic year.
Summer Eligibility: During the Summer 2019 term, students do not need to be enrolled in classes in order to live in residence, but must have been enrolled during the Spring 2019 term to be eligible.
Starting June 1, 2019, applications for the Fall/Spring 2019-20 terms will be prioritized on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply early for the best chance of receiving a room.
Summer 2019 applications will be prioritized on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply early for the best chance at receiving a room.
Students who applied for the Fall/Spring 2019-20 term by May 31, 2019, will be prioritized based on the following criteria:
- First-year students and students studying at Capilano University for the first time will receive priority consideration for our double occupancy rooms. Additional priority consideration will be given to international students, exchange/visiting students, and students who live outside of areas local to North Vancouver.
- Single occupancy rooms (and limited apartments) are prioritized for students with an identified need for special accommodation (based on accessibility, medical, or other needs).
- Remaining single rooms, along with a limited number of reserved double rooms, are prioritized for current students who are continuing their studies at CapU. Additional consideration will be given to students who have previously lived in the residence community.
What happens after I apply?
Check your Capilano email often! We will only communicate with you using your Capilano University email address. Be sure to check often to ensure you don't miss a message from us.
After you have applied for residence, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. Within two weeks after the applicable application deadline (or two weeks after you apply for Summer 2019), you will receive one of the following:
- Conditional Offer Letter: If you have not yet been admitted to Capilano University, you will receive an offer to live in residence, conditional on your admission. Please check your CapU email frequently if you receive this type of offer as we will ask you to confirm regularly that you are still planning to attend. Once you have been admitted, you will receive an Offer of Residence as shown below.
- Offer of Residence: This email will include important information about your fees, move-in dates, and room type. If you wish to accept the offer, you will be given a deadline by which to log back into the residence portal to pay a $500 confirmation fee.
- Waitlist Offer: If all available spaces are currently full, you will receive an offer to be placed on our residence waitlist. You will be asked to log-in to our residence portal to confirm this offer, but will not be required to pay any fees until you have received a full Offer of Residence.