Start your time at CapU off right by attending your New Student Orientation. During this multi-day event, you will see the CapU spirit come alive!
This is your opportunity to meet faculty and other students, learn your way around campus, and find out about the academic and student support services – all while having fun and making your first CapU memories. All New Student Orientation events are mandatory for all new students (domestic and international)! You'll also have the opportunity to participate in optional sessions.
Start Right Here Online Orientation
All students (Domestic and International) must complete the Start Right Here Online Orientation before arriving at campus. This two-hour program will connect you to important academic and student success resources to ensure your success at CapU!
All Indigenous CapU students are invited to attend Indigenous Student Orientation (ISO) on Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019 from 9–4 p.m. in the éxwusm-áyan Student Centre, LB196.
ISO will introduce you to life at CapU and ensure you have the tools and resources necessary for success, including:
- Exposure to the academic and student support services available on campus;
- Step-by-step guidance to ensure your student accounts are set up;
- Funding information;
- Meet other Indigenous students and our Indigenous Student Mentors; and
- Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Find the most up-to-date information and all mandatory and optional orientations/events happening from Aug. 26-Sept. 6 in the Orientation App.
Follow these steps to download it.
- Go to the Apple or Google Play store on your smartphone.
- Search for "CrowdCompass AttendeeHub"
- Download and install the app
- Click "yes" to push notifications
- Search for "CapU New Student Orientation"
- Download the event. To customize your schedule and take notes, make sure to create an account with the app and sign in.