Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are now open.
Congratulations on choosing to get involved in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program (ILMP)!
All current CapU students (domestic or international) are encouraged to apply, provided that:
- You attended CapU for at least one year (or two terms).
- You are in good academic standing (pdf). Both your term Grade Point Average (GPA) and your cumulative GPA are 2.5 or higher. You have no history of relevant academic or non-academic misconduct. (Those students with history may still be considered, but must meet with an International Student Engagement representative, from the Centre for International Experience (CIE), to discuss their appropriateness for the ILMP.)
- You are committed to the International Leadership and Mentorship Program for two terms (fall and spring).
- You are able to dedicate approximately 3-5 hours per week to attend and contribute to team meetings and international student events.
International Leadership and Mentorship Program at Capilano University
- I understand that as part of the application process a search of my academic and non-academic conduct records with Cap U Student Affairs will be conducted and I consent to this exchange of information for the purposes of ascertaining my qualifications for being a peer mentor. If I have any questions about what will be shared, I can contact Student Affairs.
- I agree that the Centre for International Experience (CIE) can provide the above information about me to international student Mentees participating in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program, including those whom I have been matched with. This information will be held in confidentiality between Mentees and the CIE.
- I agree that the CIE can provide the above information about me to other Mentors participating in the International Leadership and Mentorship Program.
- I understand that at any time during my participation in the program, I can contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via firstname.lastname@example.org, with any concerns, problems or issues.
- I agree that at any time I need to remove myself from the program, I will immediately contact International Student Engagement, Centre for International Experience via email@example.com.
- I understand that all program participants (including Mentors and other Mentees) will be required to agree to a similar agreement
- I understand that as a mentor I need to meet all the basic requirements of the program in order to complete and receive the International Leadership and Mentorship Certificate. Mentors who cannot meet these requirements will be removed by either the International Student Engagement Facilitator and/or the International Student Engagement Officer.
Your privacy matters
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (“FIPPA”) and the University Act. This information is used only for the purposes stated at the beginning of the form. Your information will remain confidential, and will only be used or disclosed as authorized under the FIPPA. Should you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.