Federal and provincial grants and equipment loans are available for students with disabilities.
To qualify for grants, applicants must demonstrate financial need by making a student loan application to their province of permanent residency and be able to provide verifying documentation of a permanent disability.
Funding sources include:
- Canada Study Grant and Bursary which help full-time and part-time students with permanent disabilities offset some of the cost of their education.
- Canada Study Grant for Services and Equipment help full-time and part-time students with permanent disabilities pay for exceptional education-related services (e.g., tutoring) and equipment.
- Canada Study Grant Learning Disability Assessment Bursary reimburse a percentage of the cost of a psycho-educational assessment for a learning disability.
- BC Public Postsecondary Equipment Loans enable BC students to access a range of assistive technologies. Eligibility is not based on financial need.
- For a disability-specific awards and scholarships portal, check out DisabilityAwards.ca
- Also visit CapU’s Financial Aids & Awards page for information about scholarships, bursaries and awards including those that are specifically disability-related.