Not feeling like yourself? Experiencing ongoing stress, anxiety or struggles? Our counsellors are here to help you get back on track.
Many students experience academic stress, personal difficulties and mental health challenges during their time at university. You are not alone. Counselling sessions at Capilano University are free and confidential.
If you have any additional questions about our services, visit our FAQ page.
To see a counsellor, you can make an appointment by booking online, calling 604 984 1744 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselling appointments are offered in person (mask required), by phone or via Microsoft Teams and are only available to students currently residing in B.C.
Indigenous students are now able to book an appointment with an Indigenous Counsellor.Book an appointment
All current students are able to book an appointment with a Counsellor.Book an appointment
Important: Confirmation and reminder messages from the online booking system may go to your CapU junk mail folder, so please ensure you have checked this folder and mark these messages as "not junk."
A limited number of appointments are reserved daily for urgent situations. These are not available for online booking; for assistance, please call 604 984 1744 during office hours.
Multiple online appointments must not be booked without a counsellor's approval. Multiple appointments booked without approval are subject to cancellation.
We kindly ask that you wear a mask for in person appointments.
Check out these helpful resources for students.Resources for Students
Faculty & staff
Do you have a student in need? Faculty & staff resources.Resources for Faculty and Staff
More community resources
Counsellors can talk to you about a number of issues including:
- assertiveness skills;
- eating disorders;
- grief and loss;
- goal-setting and motivation;
- relationship difficulties;
- stress management;
- suicidal feelings; and
- time management.
If our counselling services are closed and you need urgent support, please call:
- 1 800 SUICIDE: 1 800 784 2433 (24/7, anywhere in BC)
- BC Crisis Centre: 604 872 3311 (24/7, Vancouver)
- BC Crisis Centre: 1 866 661 3311 (24/7 Sunshine Coast / Sea to Sky)
- Online Chat Service for Youth (noon to 1 a.m.)
- Online Chat Service for Adults (noon to 1 a.m.)
- Crisis Line Daytime: 604 885 6101 (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, Sunshine Coast only)
- After Hours Crisis: 604 740 0442 (3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekends, Sunshine Coast only)
- St Mary's Hospital: 604 885 2224 (Sechelt)
- Here2Talk 24/7 Counselling Support: Canada-wide toll free 1 877 857 3397; Canada-wide direct 604 642 5212
In addition to the emergency crisis help listed above, there are many other resources outside CapU that may be of help.
The Community Resources List (pdf) includes help for alcohol and drug addiction, sexual assault, domestic abuse, gambling addiction and legal advice.
Counselling Office hours
|Monday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|