CapU launch: A new career-readiness program
In September 2019, CapU students will have a new way to build the competencies for career success. CapU Launch is a self-paced, co-curricular program designed by the Career Development Centre (CDC) to help students build the confidence, clarity and competencies to successfully launch their careers upon graduation.
- develop a deeper understanding of their skills, abilities, interests and values;
- explore career options and clarify their career direction;
- develop the soft skills employers are looking for such as problem solving, collaboration, communication, social intelligence and professionalism;
- expand their professional network;
- learn how to present themselves online, in a resumé and interview; and
- build the confidence to land that first big job.
Designed to be completed alongside regular studies, CapU Launch is offered online through eLearn modules, as well as in person at workshops and events and through experiential learning activities. This flexible program allows students to tailor optional activities to their interests as well.
While the program is designed for students who are in two- to four-year programs, any CapU student who is able to satisfy the requirements before graduation is welcome to participate. An early start to the program is encouraged, so new students are ideal.
Submitted by: Career Development Centre